ALLI is a popular fat reducing drug from the house of GlaxoSmithKline. The main function of this drug is to prohibit the absorption of fat by human body. The generic drug used in ALLI is orlistat, well known for its action against fat absorption .It is reported that this medication if used with proper dietary habit and exercise plays a crucial role in reducing our body weight. However it is essential to understand that this kind of artificial method is bound to accompany some disastrous side effects.
A single tablet contains the following molecules: Orlistat, Povidone, Sodium Starch Glycolate and Edible Ink and Iron Oxide.
The orlistat is not considered to be a safe molecule for every human body. Several reports and tests have concluded that this molecule can be a potential danger for human health. Some of the well known side effects of orlistat are
• Blood can be detected while urinating
• Pain in lower part of the body (back side).
• Weight gain, dizziness, mood swing and increase in thirst.
• Problem while breathing.
• Pain in upper abdomen followed by vomiting and nausea feeling.
• Increased in heart beat.
• Itching, jaundice, loss of appetite and dark color urine.
Povidone is a common content of many medications, known to cause side effects. Some of the common side effects of povidone are
• It is known to cause skin irritation and might lead to serious consequence.
• Several reports have confirmed that povidone is responsible for allergic reaction in human body. Some of the common allergies are itching, tightness in chest area, difficulty during breathing process, swell in the mouth, lips, face and tongue, hives and rashes.
The sodium starch glycolate is another important ingredient of ALLI known to be derived from sources rich in starch. Some of the popular sources are rice, corn, potatoes wheat etc .It is worth to be noted that not all sources are free from gluten Thus medications including this molecule should be verified prior consuming as sodium starch glycolate derived from gluten based source is not recommended for those suffering from the celiac disease.
Diarrhea is a common side effect of those consuming ALLI .If this continues for a prolong period of time it might dehydrate the human body.
Patients consuming ALLI is known to discharge oily product and mucus from rectum area. Since the orlistat within ALLI do not get equally absorbed therefore it leaves unnecessary traces in the gastrointestinal tract. This in turn results in excessive discharge of odorous gas.
Some of the side effects of ALLI indicates liver damage like dark color urine, continuous nausea, pale stool, fever etc.It is essential to contact nearest medical practitioner ASAP
Some of the common respiratory conditions associated with ALLI are infection in upper and lower respiratory track.