Hydrocodone/acetaminophen is an inexpensive drug used to treat moderate to severe pain. It is more popular than comparable drugs and is available in multiple generic and brand versions.
It contains hydrocodone, an opioid (narcotic) and acetaminophen, an analgesic (pain reliever and fever reducer). Both drugs are used to reduce pain and work in your brain to block pain signals and decrease one’s ability to feel pain.
This drug is a prescription medication and a controlled substance. It belongs to the drug class narcotic analgesic combinations and is available in oral tablet and oral solution.
- This drug is available in generic form, and therefore, costs less.
- A combination of this drug is effective at relieving moderate-to-moderately severe pain.
- Acetaminophen/hydrocodone combination is more effective than either drug alone.
- Both drugs last for a similar length of time in the body which makes them appropriate to be given together.
- Other generic forms of this drug may not be available in every strength or form as the brand.
- Excessive doses of acetaminophen can cause liver damage or death.
- Hydrocodone component of this medicine causes stomach upsets including nausea, vomiting, and constipation; shortness of breath; dizziness; low blood pressure.
- Unlike NSAID pain relievers (ex. Ibuprofen); acetaminophen does not have any appreciable anti-inflammatory action.
- This drug is habit-forming and misuse can cause addiction/dependence, overdose and even death.
In general, older adults, children, and people with certain medical conditions or people who take other medications are more at risk of developing a wider range of side effects. This medicine is not intended for use in children 6 years old and below for risk of slow or shallow breathing.
Nausea, vomiting, constipation, lightheadedness, dizziness, or drowsiness may occur. Some side effects tend to disappear with regular use of this medicine and some people may not experience these side effects. Consult the doctor if you feel worsening of symptoms or if you feel other side effects not listed in this section.
Seek emergency help with these serious side effects:
- shallow breathing, slow heartbeat;
- feeling light-headed, fainting;
- confusion, fear, unusual thoughts or behavior;
- seizure (convulsions);
- problems with urination; or
- nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, itching, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
- allergic reaction such as hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Get help in case you experience these overdose symptoms: extreme drowsiness, sweating, pinpoint pupils, nausea, vomiting, dark urine, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes), confusion, cold and clammy skin, muscle weakness, fainting, weak pulse, slow heart rate, coma, blue lips, shallow breathing, or no breathing.
Other side effects not listed may also occur in some patients. If you notice any other effects, check with your healthcare professional.
- Take only as prescribed and as directed. Do not increase your dose, take the medication more frequently, or take it for a longer time than prescribed. Properly stop the medication when so directed.
- Withdrawal symptoms may be experienced when the medicine has been used for a long time and in high doses. Report to your doctor these symptoms right away.
- Inform the doctor if you are allergic to acetaminophen/hydrocodone or to other opioids and to other substances.
- Tell the doctor your medical history and the medicines taken.
- This drug causes drowsiness and dizziness. Avoid alcohol. Do not drive, operate machineries or do activities that require alertness until you know how this drug affects you.
- Inform your doctor/dentist about the products you use (including prescription/non-prescription drugs, vitamins, supplements, herbal products, etc.) before undergoing treatment, surgery, or dental extraction.
- Children and older adults are sensitive to side effects of slow/shallow breathing.
- Caution with use among elderly due to risk of falls and accidents. This medicine can cause drowsiness, confusion, and dizziness.
- This medicine can harm the unborn baby. Discuss with your doctor the risks and benefits of this medicine and if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant, or if you feel that you may be pregnant.
- Acetaminophen/hydrocodone passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breastfeeding.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard unused and expired medicines properly.
- Store acetaminophen and hydrocodone at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Pain medications work best when used at the first sign of pain. Discuss with your treating physician the risks and benefits involved in taking this medication. Tell the doctor if the medicine doesn’t seem to work or if the pain persists or worsens.
This material is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
box kite m357-a,can m357 get you high,do m357 expire,does m357 expire,google m357,hydro m357 effects,hydrocodone m357 effects,hydrocodone m357 get you high,injecting m357,is m357 percocet,is m357 strong,is m357 stronger than m365,is m357 stronger than m366,is m357 stronger than m367,is m357 stronger than watson 349,kite m357-a,kwc m357 co2,kwc m357 revolver,kwc m357 revolver co2,l1c-m357,l-m357,lorcet m357,lortab m357 street price,lortab m357 street value,m 357 magnum,m357,m357 abuse,m357 acetaminophen,m357 and alcohol,m357 and beer,m357 and ibuprofen,m357 and m365,m357 and m367,m357 and watson 349,m357 and weed,m357 bandcamp,m357 battlezone 2010,m357 battlezone 2010 winner,m357 best way take,m357 best way to get high,m357 big white pill,m357 blue pill,m357 bluelight,m357 brand name,m357 breastfeeding,m357 can i take two,m357 can it get you high,m357 can you snort,m357 caplet,m357 capsule,m357 cold water extraction,m357 compared to m365,m357 compared to m367,m357 cost,m357 cut in half,m357 discontinued,m357 do they expire,m357 dosage,m357 dosage directions,m357 dosage instructions,m357 dosage to get high,m357 drug info,m357 drug test,m357 effects,m357 erowid,m357 expired,m357 extraction,m357 fake,m357 filter,m357 for back pain,m357 for headache,m357 for pain,m357 for sale,m357 for toothache,m357 generic for,m357 generic name,m357 generic vicodin,m357 get high,m357 get me high,m357 get you high,m357 gun,m357 high,m357 high effects,m357 high feeling,m357 high snort,m357 how long to take effect,m357 how many to get high,m357 how much per pill,m357 how strong,m357 hydrocodone,m357 hydrocodone high,m357 hydrocodone street value,m357 ibuprofen,m357 image,m357 is it vicodin,m357 look alike,m357 lortab,m357 lortab 10,m357 lortab strength,m357 lyrics,m357 m358,m357 m360,m357 m363,m357 m365,m357 m367,m357 make you sleepy,m357 max dosage,m357 medication,m357 meta,m357 name,m357 nausea,m357 norco,m357 oblong white pill,m357 old,m357 or 512,m357 or m365,m357 or m366,m357 or m367,m357 oval,m357 overdose,m357 overdose amount,m357 oxycodone,m357 percocet,m357 pill,m357 pill 10mg,m357 pill effects,m357 pill expire,m357 pill finder,m357 pill get u high,m357 pill get you high,m357 pill high,m357 pill norco,m357 pill press,m357 pill street value,m357 pill vicodin,m357 pills to get high,m357 recreational,m357 recreational dosage,m357 recreational use,m357 replacement,m357 reviews,m357 round white pill,m357 rusko,m357 rusko lyrics,m357 rxlist,m357 scored white pill,m357 shelf life,m357 side effects,m357 smoke,m357 snort,m357 snort or swallow,m357 stay in system,m357 street name,m357 strength,m357 strong,m357 tablet,m357 tablet white,m357 tabs,m357 taking two,m357 time release,m357 to get high,m357 toothache,m357 urban dictionary,m357 urine test,m357 uses,m357 vicodin dosage,m357 vicodin high,m357 vicodin or norco,m357 vicodin street value,m357 vicodin strength,m357 vs ip 109,m357 vs m358,m357 vs m365,m357 vs m366,m357 vs m367,m357 vs norco,m357 vs watson 349,m357 what kind of pill is this,m357 white oblong pill,m357 white oval pill dosage,m357 white oval pill high,m357 white oval pill vicodin,m357 white pill,m357 white pill norco,m357 white pill street value,m357 white pill used for,m357 white pill vicodin,m357 with alcohol,m357 xanax,m357 yahoo answers,m357 yellow pill,m357-a1,ndc m357,painkiller m357,rf-m357,steyr m357 for sale,steyr m357 night sights,taking m357,taurus m357,uher m357,vicodin m357 erowid